The vintage inspired LED bulbs incorporate the latest LED filament technology that offers a no-compromise, sustainable, and cost effective solution to bring back the classic look and feel of incandescent lighting. The LED filaments have the same 360° flux geometry of tungsten filaments and deliver significant improvements in terms of luminous efficacy and operational life. Each of these LED filaments includes a string of LED chips which are connected in series and bonded to a sapphire substrate. The wire bonded LEDs are encapsulated by a yellow phosphor coating which functions as a wavelength converting element (WCE) for generate a white color of the desired color temperature. New Lights' LED filaments are fabricated on transparent sapphire substrates which allow blue GaN-based LED chips to emit through the substrates and produce white light by mixing the phosphors.
Sapphire-based filament technology offers New Lights' LED bulbs tremendous advantages over other products that use glass, ceramic or copper as the substrate material. In addition to its high transparency with useful transmission of wavelengths in the range 0.2 to 5.5 microns, sapphire has high thermal conductivity, tensile strength, volume resistivity, temperature stability, hardness and wear resistance. These properties combine to make it the most suitable substrate material for chip-on-cord (CoC) packaging. High thermal conductivity of sapphire substrate and elongated filament design increases heat transfer away from the LED junctions. The hermetically sealed glass bulb is filled with a highly thermally conductive gas that creates a thermal path from the LED chips through the package encapsulant and glass surface to the ambient environment. This thermal design eliminates costly and bulky heat sinks, giving LED filament bulbs a cost advantage over other LED lamps.
New Lights' T28 tubular LED filament bulbs include 185mm, 225mm, and 300mm lengths with 4W, 6W, 8W, 10W, and 12W wattage options. High optical efficiency phosphor coating allows these LED bulbs to achieve a system efficacy of up to 120 lm/W combined with an 80 CRI in all standard color temperatures. The LED filament bulbs are powered by constant current IC drivers that operate over 110, 220 or 85-265 VAC input. These drivers provide excellent load regulation with a 70% power conversion efficiency. Dimmable functionality can be added to help tune lighting scene and reduce energy consumption.
- Vintage-inspired design replicates the nostalgic look and feel of incandescent bulbs.
- Omni-directional light distribution, 360° flux geometry.
- Sapphire-based filament technology delivers reliability and performance.
- High reliability chip interconnections using high purity gold bonding wires.
- High quality phosphor coating supporting high CRI and long lumen maintenance.
- High light transmittance glass bulb filled with inert argon gas.
- High efficiency LED driver providing excellent load regulation with constant current output.
- Delivering up to 90% energy savings over incandescent lamps.
- Clear or amber glass.
- Edison screw or Bayonet base.