Available in a torpedo or bent flame tip shape with an E12/E14 base, New Lights' LED filament bulbs carry the retro look of incandescent chandelier bulbs with vastly upgraded efficiency, performance and reliability. The LED bulb delivers high efficacy and quality of light with omnidirectional light distribution using elongated LED filaments that are manufactured using chip-on-cord (CoC) LED packaging technology. As opposed to surface mounted device (SMD), flip-chip and conventional chip on board (COB) LEDs that emit in a directional pattern, CoC LED filaments has the omni-directionality that is characteristic of tungsten filaments. This unprecedented LED lighting pattern is achieved using a transparent substrate which allows LED chips to emanate through the substrate without interrupting the flux geometry.
The LED filaments incorporated in New Lights' chandelier bulbs are fabricated on a sapphire substrate. As a crystalline aluminum oxide, sapphire supports a relatively high quality GaN epitaxial growth and exhibits high temperature stability and thermal conductivity. This transparent material offers a broad transmission range from UV to mid infrared wavelengths with high transmission efficiencies. The durable and scratch resistant substrate with high tensile strength can be grown into elongated filament with a very smooth surface quality. Sapphire's high binding energy and dielectric constant also make it an ideal choice for use as an insulative substrate. A string of LED chips are connected together in series and bonded to electrical structures on the sapphire substrate. These LED filaments boast high bonding reliability as result of using gold bonding wires which manufactured from high purity gold (99.99%) with doping additions. The chip bonded substrate is coated by a phosphor layer which protects the LEDs from environmental contaminants as well as absorbs blue light emitted by the LEDs to produce high quality light with excellent color rendering, high chromaticity stability and long lumen maintenance.
New Lights' LED chandelier bulbs consumes 2 or 4 watts of power to generate light outputs of up to 240 and 440 lumens respectively. With a system luminous efficacy of 120 lm/W, these bulbs deliver 90% energy savings as compared to incandescent candle bulbs over a much longer, 30,000-hour lifetime. The LED bulb is powered by an IC or SMPS driver that runs off 220-240VAC. The dimmable models offers added convenience and energy savings. The hermetically sealed glass bulb is filled with thermally conductive argon gas to facilitate effective transfer of thermal energy from within the LED filaments to the glass surface.
- Available in a torpedo or bent flame tip shape.
- Classic filament design creates a touch of vintage ambience.
- Omni-directional (360°) distribution of light.
- Sapphire-based filament technology delivering consistent performance and light quality.
- High performance chip interconnections using high purity gold bonding wires.
- High quality phosphor coating supporting a wide CCT range, good CRI, and long L70 life.
- High light transmittance glass bulb filled with inert gas.
- IC or SMPS LED driver providing excellent load regulation with constant current output.
- Dimmable models are compatible with most standard incandescent dimmers.
- Provides up to 90% energy savings over incandescent lamps.
- Nickel plated or brass Edison screw base or Bayonet base.
- Glass tint options: clear, frosted, opal, amber.