New Lights' LED filament bulbs are constructed of a series of up and down LED filaments which form a cage surrounding a central glass support. These LED filaments deliver the technological innovation in LED packaging. LED light sources, including surface mounted device (SMD), flip-chip and conventional chip on board (COB) LEDs, are highly directional by nature. Consequently, to achieve the light dispersion properties approximating or equaling that of carbon-filament or tungsten-filament lamps may require ominidirectional mounting of LEDs which is costly, labor-intensive and short of pure simplicity. The advent of chip-on-cord (CoC) LED packaging makes it possible to bring back the classic look and feel of incandescent lighting.
The LED filaments incorporated in New Lights’ squirrel cage bulbs are fabricated on a sapphire substrate which is transparent, thermally conductive and high temperature stable. The substrate is bonded with a string of LED chips which are connected in series. A uniform coating of yellow phosphor modifies the wavelength of the light emitted by LED chips to produce white light. New Lights' LED filaments are made using high quality phosphors to achieve superior quality of light in a wide range of color temperatures with high color rendering and chromaticity stability. The sapphire substrate features a high light transmission efficiency which allows the LED chips to emanate through the substrate, thereby creating an omnidirectional light distribution pattern.
Sapphire-based filament technology not only allows for a true 360 degree flux geometry, but also makes it possible to eliminate the bulky and costly aluminum heat sink. Thanks to the high thermal conductivity of sapphire substrate and elongated filament design, LED filaments can effectively dissipate thermal energy generated at the LED junction into thermally conductive inert gas that is filled to facilitate thermal conduction within the hermetically sealed glass bulb. Excellent thermal management prevents heat flux concentration which may cause phosphor degradation and lumen depreciation.
New Lights' LED filament bulbs are available in 2, 4, 6 and 8 watts with light outputs of 240, 480, 720 and 860 lumens respectively. They are powered by a driver IC that provides high efficiency load regulation at inputs of 110VAC, 220VAC or 85-265VAC. These vintage style LED bulbs come with Edison screw or Bayonet style nickel plated or brass Edison screw and Bayonet bases.
- Classic filament design preserves the look of vintage carbon-filament bulbs.
- Omni-directional light distribution, 360° flux geometry.
- Sapphire-based filament technology delivering excellent thermal performance and light quality.
- High performance chip interconnections using high purity gold bonding wires.
- High quality phosphor coating supporting high CRI and long lumen maintenance.
- High light transmittance glass bulb filled with inert gas.
- IC LED driver providing excellent load regulation with constant current output.
- Delivering up to 90% energy savings over incandescent lamps.
- Glass tint options: clear, amber, opal.