SK9822 is a two-wire control LED module that integrates RGB LEDs and control IC into a 5050 SMD package. The control IC provides constant current control, signal amplification and shaping, and gray level adjustment, etc. Thanks to a standard two-wire SPI interface that separates data and clock signals, SK9822 has no strict timing requirement and is easy to control. The PWM (pulse width modulation) is built into each LED channel. With 256 gray scales for each 8-bit-depth color, the multichannel LED module can mix up to 16.7 million colors. SK9822 provides a 5-bit color-independent brightness control which allows the intensity of each pixel to be fine-tuned without changing its color. This global brightness setting is implemented through current modulation, making Thornsun TS-9822 LED strips less prone to flickering at low brightness levels.
TS-9822 digital LED strips are available with 30, 60 and 144 LED p/m densities. The flexible light strip operates on a regulated supply voltage of 5 volts. The 5050 LED packages are mounted on 3-ounce printed circuit boards (10mm, 12mm widths) to efficiently dissipate heat. The double layer PCB is made RA copper foils which are known for their excellent ductility (bending stability) and solderability. Thornsun uses advanced solder application equipment to ensure a uniform and high solder paste transfer to the PCB through an aluminum screen which is cleaned at a high frequency. TS-9822 digital LED strips use a low residue, no-clean and lead-free solder. An optimized reflow profile contributes to high solder joint integrity and reliable metallurgical bonding.
Thornsun TS-9822 flexible LED strip lights are supplied in IP20, IP65, IP67 and IP68 level ingress protection ratings. The epoxy or silicone coated IP65 weatherproof LED strips are protected against dust and moisture ingress and the occasional splashing. The IP67 dust tight and waterproof LED strips are fully encapsulated by a silicon sleeve. For extremely humid environments and wet locations where direct contact with water is unavoidable, Thornsun's IP68 silicone potted and sleeved LED strips provide a reliable solution.
- SK6812 Individually addressable RGB LEDs (30, 60, or 144 LEDs per meter).
- Two-wire high-speed SPI protocol.
- RGB controllable and DMX addressable.
- Full spectrum color mixing (16.7 million colors).
- Additional 5-bit brightness control.
- 3-ounce double layer flexible PCB board made of RA copper.
- Epistar RGB LED chips with high color stability and luminous efficacy.
- Run off 5 volts DC power supply.
- 3M thermal conductive adhesive backing.
- Choice of ingress protection: IP20, IP65, IP67, IP68.
- Packed in 5-meter reels (30, 60 LEDs p/m) and 1-meter reel (144 LEDs p/m).
- Cuttable every 1 LED node.