APA102C uses a high PWM frequency (at 20 KHz) for controlling each color channel. This makes TS-102C LED tapes less prone to flickering particularly at low brightness levels and ideally suited to persistence-of-vision (POV) applications. In contrast to WS2812B which is controlled by a one-wire interface and requires a real-time microcontroller to provide very precise timing of data signals, the APA102C uses a standard two-wire SPI interface with separate data and clock signals. The data pin for the clock signal enables microcontroller to manage timing and resume an interrupted data transmission. The 2-wire control scheme makes APA102 LED tapes easily controllable by SOCs with multitasking operating systems.
The 5050 LED package integrates three color LED chips - red (500-650 mcd), green (370-530 mcd) and blue (120-165 mcd). The gray level of each color has 256 intensity levels which allow the LED module to produce 24-bit color, or 16777216 full-color display. The individual addressability of APA102 LED modules allow the TS-102C LED strip lights to create color patterns that appear to dynamically move across sequences. With a DMX or RGB controller, Thornsun TS-102C digital LED strip lights can be programmed to produce light shows and dynamic effects that bring all the drama to interior and exterior lighting applications. The endless array of precisely controllable colors offers by this RGB light strip makes it exceptionally versatile for various creative lighting projects, including architectural lighting, signage lighting, cabinet and shelf lighting, and decorative illumination for stages, home theaters, wine cellars, automobiles, bicycles, yachts and cruise ships.
The TS-102C light trip family includes 30, 60 and 144 LED p/m strip lights which run off 5 volts DC only. The digital LED strips are fabricated through a tightly controlled SMT process. With particularly stringent standards on screen printing and reflow soldering for enhanced solder joint reliability, Thornsun Lighting guarantees the lifetime durability of its light strips for all applications including those requiring tight bends. TS-102C digital LED strip lights use 3-ounce, double layer RA copper to ensure the bending stability and metallurgical bonding strength of PCBs. With high quality silicone coating and/or silicon sleeve encapsulation, TS-102C is suitable for use in extremely humid environments and wet locations.
- APA102 Individually addressable RGB LEDs (30, 60, or 144 LEDs per meter).
- Two-wire SPI protocol.
- High PWM refresh rates, flicker-free light output.
- RGB controllable and DMX addressable.
- 24-bit color control (8-bit PWM per channel).
- Full spectrum color mixing (16.7 million colors).
- 3-ounce double layer flexible PCB board made of RA copper.
- Epistar RGB LED chips with high color stability and luminous efficacy.
- Operates on 5 volts DC power supply.
- 3M thermal conductive adhesive backing.
- Choice of ingress protection: IP20, IP65, IP67, IP68.
- Packed in 5-meter reels (30, 60 LEDs p/m) and 1-meter reel (144 LEDs p/m).
- Cuttable every 1 LED node.