The S001 stair tread profiles from Surmountor Lighting seamlessly integrate LED lighting into stair treads to assist in eliminating safety hazards in low ambience conditions while delivering a sleek, modern look that complements the architectural spaces. The aluminum extrusion provides robust protection against footsteps for the LED strip lights as well as a slip-resistant surface for added stepping grip in wet or moist environments. The stair nosing profile consists of two extrusions. The bottom extrusion is mounted on stairs using countersink screws and also houses the light source. The upper extrusion is designed to complete the functional design and sleek appearance of the stair lighting system.
The channel of the bottom aluminum extrusion accommodate white, color or RGB LED strips with a width of maximum 12mm. The light emanated by the LED strips are directed downward on the stair. A span-fit polycarbonate cover protects the light source and provides assorted levels of light transmission and diffusion from a choice of lens options: clear, frosted and milky. Made of high density 6063-T5 aluminum alloy, the stair tread profile delivers superb durability and strength. Substantial aluminum mass in the profile provides high volume thermal dissipation to control the temperature of the LED junction points and ensures maximum light, life and color consistency of the LED strips.
The aluminum profiles are anodized in silver or black finish. The design matching plastic end caps protect the extrusion against the ingress of dust or other environmental particles. With sealed end capping, the stair nosing profile can be used to illuminate outdoor steps.
- Design to accommodate LED strips and illuminate the stair treads for enhanced safety.
- Heavy duty 6063-T5 aluminum alloy extrusion provides maximum durability and strength.
- Provides robust protection for white, color or RGB LED strips of up to 12mm in width.
- UV and impact resistant, clear, frosted or milky polycarbonate cover.
- Standard lengths: 1.0m, 2.0m. Available in factory cut custom lengths.
- Clear, frosted or milky polycarbonate cover.
- Plastic end caps (including one with a wiring hole).
- Screws for end caps, M2.6x8.